Skip to main content

Hello.

i created a smart-object that returns AD users(and tested it with the smartobject service tester) and integrated the smart object to the infopath form.

and the infopath form security level is set to "Domain" i get this error :

The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: ADUsers_GetLineManagers
InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
Access is denied.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I guess it works if you open your form in InfoPath thick client, right?

Then it's probably due to cross-domain restriction when calling data connection. What you should do is converting your data connection to a UDCX file (from InfoPath in design mode, Tools menu, Data Connections, then select the data connection you want to convert, and click the Convert button). Make sure to save the UDCX file to a Data Connection Library on the same site collection that hosts your form library.

Nicolas

Hi

You should also check the event log of your SharePoint Server for entries like

The form could not retrieve data from <your data connection> because it would violate cross-domain restrictions.

The entry suggests to upload a data connection file. But before that you should try the following:

- Check if the Info Path Settings in Central Admin are  allowing cross domain data connections.

- Make sure, enterprise features are enabled on the site, where the form is located ( sounds dumb, but might actually help...)

Hi,

I had a similar problem with a centrally stored ADO SQL connection. I solved the problem by manually enabling Infopath in Windows Firewall exception list and setting "Cross domain data connections" to enabled in the Internet Explorer Security Zone to which my Sharepoint Site belongs (Im my case Local Intranet).
This worked - and to fix this across the domain I modified Internet Security Settings and Windows Firewall settings in the Domain Group Policy so all client would get the above settings at logon.

I hope the solution works for you too.

Hi Peter,

After that both action (add infopath to firewall exception and enable cross domain on CA). Do u still convert your data connection into UDCX?

I think this is so annoying if we must manually convert data connection into udcx.

Are there any solution for this problem instead of converting data connection to udcx?

If you have your form set to open in the web browser (use Form Services) then any integrated SmartObject data connection in your infopath form will automatically be converted to use udcx files.  K2 does this when deploying the form and creates a K2 blackpearl data connection library on your SharePoint site.

Note K2 will only automatically create udcx files for SmartObject data connections.  If you create your own calls to web services or say directly to a SharePoint list those connections will not be converted to a udcx file and thus cause your form to only be opened in the thick client until you manually convert those non-smartobject connections to udcx files.

I hope this helps.

Tim

what about data connection (to Web Service) that automatically created by k2

• Can I Submit Workflow Service
  • Get Workflow Task Action Service
  • Submit Workflow Service

Do i need to convert these manually?

I found this problem after migrating my SP to SP2010, on SP2007 it was not a problemo. Or there are some required step (SP configuration) that i missed?

Those automatically get converted as well.  All K2 data connections will be converted so there may be something else going on in your environment.

Are you receiving an error when deploying or opening the form?  Can you give us some further details.

Regards,

Tim