Skip to main content

I've recently come across a problem where the item properties aren't coming across properly when embedded in a confirmation message.  It's a bit hard to explain, so I'll include screen shots.  

First of all, this is the radio button control I'm using:

198529_pastedImage_1.png

The user either selects "Proposal" or "Project".  Proposal is the current default.  Both the choices and the default are controlled on the SharePoint side rather than on the Nintex form side.  

I have a message that pops up when the user clicks the "submit" button.  

Confirmation message

However, even if the user has selected "Project", the confirmation message always shows "Proposal".  

I've attached a Client ID JavaScript variable (varReqType) to the radio button control and included the following JavaScript:

NWF$('#' + varReqType ).change(function(){
var requisitionType = NWF$("input(formcontrolid^='3e725e19-4c05-43fd-aedd-d5dc09f58bb7']:checked").val();
console.log("Req Type = " + requisitionType);
});

When the Proposal radio button is selected, the console shows "Proposal".  When "Project" is selected, the console logs it as "undefined".   I had been thinking I could get the appropriate value using JavaScript and then populate a hidden field using that data.  However, since the radio button is coming up as undefined for the Project choice, that idea is no longer viable.  What could be wrong here?  Please help!  Thanks!

However, even if the user has selected "Project", the confirmation message always shows "Proposal".  

item properties are only updated after you submit the form and values are effectively written to the item.

if you haven't set default value on list field you would get empty values for both options.

you would need named control to get current value of form control, shich is unfortunatelly not available.

Thank you for your response!  That makes perfect sense but it is unfortunate that named controls aren't offered as part of the confirmation message feature.  Without that, I am unable to have a dynamic confirmation message.  Hopefully, a future version of Nintex Forms will offer this option!

you are very right, there are many situations/places where named controls would be useful but are not available.

the very same with inline vs. runtime functions.