Skip to main content

I am having a problem with start rules on a default server activity.  I have 2 server activities in a row.  The first one submits a request to an external system.  The second server activity has a start rule telling it to wait 90 seconds prior to checking for a response from the system.  Sometimes this works as expected.  More often the start rule does not seem to be evaluated.  To validate that the start rule is not being evaluated, I put in a log message at the end if the first server activity writing out the time.  When the second activity starts the first thing I do is log another message with the time.  They are identical, down to the second!  On other occasions, they are 90 seconds apart. 

I have search the forums and have not found any other posts of similar problems.  

The retrieval of data from this system is vital to the users making decisions in this process.  Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

Scott

I'm not positive this will help, but there is a patch for K2 blackpearl 0803 which is related to Start rules being ignored.

http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000271.aspx

It might be worth testing to see if that solves your problem. I think you'll have to contact support to get the patch, as it doesn't appear on the list of available downloads.

Thanks Colin.  The KB you pointed me to describes my issue to a T. 

I created a support ticket to get the patch and they are working on it.  

I'll repost if that doesn't fix the problem.  If anyone is having Start Rule issues, I encourage you check out the KB article above.  That just may fix it.