Skip to main content

I have this formula and the field is string: 

lookup("Budgets","id",trim(parseLookup(Rubrica,false)),"Title")

List of budget

In form start by 2 

Hi Jose,

looks like forms is recognizing that you have a number here. In that case leading zeros are always removed. You could try do do some calculations with "startsWith" and the length of the string to readd missing zeros but I won't to that until it's really necessary.

Best regards

Enrico

But in the same field if it starts with a letter, for example, "P0262", appears correctly, so the "form nintex" recognizes that the field is a string.

For some reason nintex automatically defined that it is a numerical field because it has no letters.

Yup. Had the same effect recently where I had a date in a text box and Nintex even stripped the dots from my date string and counted it as number, totally ruining what I was going to do. Didn't come over this. As long as there is no letter in the string it is held as a number :/

yes, that's known "feature" of calculated value control, everything what can be converted to a number is considered to be number, regardless of control setup.

you can workaround it by enforcing the value to be string - either by prep-/appending some non numeric character or by passing value through a function that returns string output, eg tolower()

see this https://community.nintex.com/message/34514?commentID=34514#comment-34514 

I tried to do: 

toUpper(trim(lookup("Budgets","id",trim(parseLookup(Rubrica,false)),"Title")))

but, don't works

does it still trim leading zero if you try following?

"x"  + lookup("Budgets","id",parseLookup(Rubrica,false),"Title")