Skip to main content

Hi All,

We have a client requirement where we need to get data from user in separate screenswith each screen providing controls to get some piece of data and then a button 'Next' will take user to 'Next' screen where the same process is repeated until the user reaches a final screen with 'Finish' button to finally save the data gathered from all the Screens.

Being new to K2 we are not sure if this can be achieved in K2 smartforms.

Can anybody let me know if this can be achieved and if yes then how?Also, how can the validations be applied for controls on separate screens.
Any help is much appreciated!

TIA,

Kamal

Hi,

Interesting requirement and i would say you can achieve it by defininig a single form with multiple views and based on the validation you can hide and show them. 

But remember this form will run on the browser not like the desktop app like a installtion wizard.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Thanks for the quick reply Prajwal. It is indeed a good suggestion. Can you please let me know if I could show all views as a popup(like it is shown in the case of subviews). In the POC I did till now, there is one view which is shown inside the form but its subviews are shown as a popup. Please correct  me in case my understanding is not correct.

Cheers,

Kamal

Hi,

I dont think displaying popup would be a good approach to start with. if you have a screenshots for what you have it so far, please share.

Dropped the idea to show popups(implemented as subviews) as I needed to provide a Finish/Save button on the final view but the controls of other views were not accessible on this final view. Currently, I have provided 2 buttons 'Previous' and 'Next' as 'Form' buttons and on click events of these buttons, I am showing/hiding the respective views along with validation.PFA screenshot(s).

However, I am stuck at another place. I need to enable/show the Finish button when all the validations are met. I am not sure for which all events to check it for? I just need to check that whenever all my validations are met, Finish button should be shown irrespective of any event.Please suggest!

Also, I am not able to find 'focus out' event for my textbox fields. 

Kind Regards,

Kamal

11983i7B797975C9AB68C7.png
15457iB2AA6757989ED277.png
15101i5A91130A7EFAA80F.png