Skip to main content

Is it correct that this feature is available only through the use of the .NET DLL?  

As far as I know you can either use the K2 API (.net dll) or you can run the service object as Impersonate. If you go to the smartobject tester tool and under the service instance types right click on a service instance and edit and it should have the options to run as.

I would also add it is only available in some parts of the API.  For example, the impersonation features aren't available when using the SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client namespace.

Granted, you can specify credentials of the user in your connection string when using the SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client namespace, but then you are the user, not impersonating another user IMHO.

Hello

You can also have a look at the following document to see how impersonation is used in k2:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlDevRef4.6.4/How_to_Use_Impersonate_User_using_the_K2_API.html

Kind regards

Nelly

Good day

I just wanted to find out  if the infomation provided sufficient and answered your question? Do you have any questions that you would like us to assist you with?

Regards

Nelly