Skip to main content

Hi,

I've started playing with K2 Studio Workflow escalations.... which is very cool.

Just wanted to ask, if i do an escalation so that after 5 minutes a process is run, can i somehow pick up the fact it was Escalated rather than user started?

Reason i ask is that i have an email which is sent to a user when it is user started, but i would like another email in the same activity which will be sent to someone else if the Escallation started it?

Can i use an if statement on the default acivity with emails to send if started by user or the escalation?

Thanks,

Hi Sharpharp1

Can you explain what you mean by "i do an escalation so that after 5 minutes a process is run"? Where is the escalation occurring and which template are you using? You can do escalations at the process, activity and event level.  Depending on the level of the escalation, you can choose to send an Email, Redirect a task, Go To Activity or Expire Activity.

If you have an activity that sends an email, and you have an escalation on another activity that uses the Go To Activity to move to that activity, then I don't think there is a property that tells you how that activity was started. You could add an data field "User Started" to the process to act as a flag (i.e. a boolean field with default value false) and add another activity to the process before the Email activity, that sets that flag to true using a data event. This activity would only be reached if the escalation does not happen.