Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a two tier Farm in which both servers act as Web Front Ends. If I install Nintex Workflows and Nintex Forms on only one of them will both of them process Workflows? I really haven't found a clear answer of this question.

Greetings,

George

Hi George,

yes, all of yours Front Ends will process workflows (the installation will put the configuration file on both servers)..just for confirmation, your license has been issued for your two servers, right? Otherwise, when the second server will process the workflow, it will error because of a licensing issue.

Giacomo

Hi Giacomo,

I asked the same question here and the answer I got for Nintex 2013 is that I need to license only one server. That's exactly why I asked this question? It seems unclear.

Please elaborate "your license has been issued for your two servers". Can I purchase one license and choose to how many servers to apply it without change of cost?

Greetings,

George

Hi George,

for what I've always known, every Front End server must be licensed with a purchased license (so, if you have two front ends, you have to pay for two license), any Application Server (where Workflow Timer Service and Web Application Service don't run) doesn't need to have a paid license (but maybe they have to be listed inside the license)..

I suggest you to ask you local Nintex Partner about your situation, or ask Nintex directly from their Contact Us form on their site: Contact Us - Nintex

Giacomo

Hi Giacomo,

Based on the answer here we actually decided to test this yesterday with a 2-Tier Developer Farm. Nintex Worflow was licensed only for Server1. We were able to initiate workflows from Server1 and from Server2 without a problem. Nintex Workflow Designer however works only on Server1. On server2 it states "Error: This server is not licensed."

The text in the link states:

"In Nintex Workflow 2013, the only Servers that need to be licensed are servers that will render the Nintex Workflow Designer (Typically servers that are in a load balanced pool)."

Can someone comment whether the solution that we tested complies with Nintex Licensing Guidelines. It most certainly works.

Greetings,

George

In my opinion, licensing is not related to "it will work" or "it won't work" :  the "every front end must be licensed" is based on the principle that the number of WFE server is generally related to number of users that will use NINTEX Forms / Workflows.