Skip to main content
I can successfully login and view the workspace, as well as drill down through the processes. When I click on the icon to go to .../K2V3/Workspace/K@MIS/ViewFlow.aspx?ProcInstID.... IE Crashes.

It works on the server console which is IE6 sp1 on WS03 sp1.

The workstation that is crashing is XP 2002 sp2 with IE6 sp2 which is our standard here. Any suggestions?
Hi tootuff305,

A couple of suggestions:
1. On the server make sure "Authenticated Users" have the modify permission to the "C:WindowsTemp" folder and the "C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder. A temporary file is created there when you are viewing the viewflow and it is done under the context of the user that opened the web page.
2. Check that the Workspace application in IIS is running "Scripts Only". Home Directory Tab when the properties of the Workspace web site is viewed. If it is "Scripts and Executables" viewflow doesn't work.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Johan Liebenberg
Johan,
Thanks for the advice. I had already checked all of those settings plus some additional settings, such as the setspn...
After I got my 2nd workstation up and running with the standard corporate build, I was able to view the workspace. The problem ended up being my browser. I guess after installing so many other apps, along with .net versions, IE finally needed to get cleaned up or maybe one of the critical patches caused this. Even after a windows update, it still wouldn't work. I searched Microsoft's website and installed the following patch:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B7D9801B-4FB5-492E-903E-3400ABF1D731&displaylang=en

After the install, everything worked out fine. Not really sure if this was the actual cause, but everything works now.

Tuff
Hi tootuff305,

Good to hear that it fixed the problem. We will keep this in mind when coming across any further issues like the one you described.

Thank you,

Johan
Hi

Please try the following patch from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B7D9801B-4FB5-492E-903E-3400ABF1D731&displaylang=en

Please let me know if this sorted out the problem.

Thanks

David
Thanks for giving me a solution that's I found out on my own. If you read the thread, you gave me my own solution.
I apologize for that one. Did not read the whole posting. :oops: