Skip to main content

Hi all,

Just learning how to use K2 to do workflows. I'm following the demo in the K2 fundamentals video to create a simple workflow using K2 Studio to email me:

When I deploy the package from within K2 Studio I get this error:

1 Error(s)
(demo1) The "SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.ExportProcessTask" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Exception: Method could not be resolved!
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objecte] Parameters, Booleane] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Objectb] Parameters, Booleano] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object ] Parameters)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.ManagementAPI.GetServerFrameworkVersion()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.ExportProcessTask.CheckServerFrameworkSupport(Version targetFramework)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.ExportProcessTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

0 Warnings(s)

Any ideas how to fix this please?

Thanks

How did you create the email to send to you?  The method that failed is probably using a bad value.

Are you dragging the email event onto the canvas or using a client event?

Yes, dragging email event to the canvas from the left side Toolbox (as per the video)

You can try to re-create the process. Are you trying to deploy from a local machine to the server? Perhaps, the k2 studio client tool is not using the same k2 version as the server.