Skip to main content

I have a form on a list where several of the columns need to be changed. Once I change them how do I easily update the form to match the new columns?

Hello Shane Perry​ -

What were the changes?

If you are adding/removing columns, you will need to drop them into the form and configure them. If they are name changes, the form does a pretty good job knowing the columns, just watch the naming as it will update the "Connected to", not the control name.

Let us know!

Hi Jesse,

I switched a column from a Yes/No check box to a choice column. I am use to Info Path where you can click update connection. I would prefer using the Yes/No check box but I do not like how it looks in Nintex.

Thanks

Shane

Shane Perry​ -

I understand! Nintex Forms does not prompt anything when something changes like InfoPath, you just need to be aware of it. Also, just like in InfoPath, the form does not get updated with the controls, you need to perform the changes. You will need to remove the Yes/No control from your form and drag and drop in your Choice control. From there, you will need to configure it how you need to (size, positioning, CSS, etc).

After that, simply publish and you are good to go!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help. Do you know if it is possible to make both the Yes and No check boxes appear in nintex forms?

Not off the top of my head using the Yes/No control.

However, if you are using a Choice control, you can set it to display as Option Buttons and have your choices as Yes and No.

Something like this:

186123_pastedImage_0.png

186124_pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps!

Sometimes the best answer is right their in front of you. Thanks.

Just one more quick question. Is it possible to have a single form submitted information to two different list?

Morning Shane Perry​ -

It is possible but would require some heavy lifting to accomplish it. If you absolutely require it, I would look at submitting to one list and then using workflow to either move or update data in other lists.

Hope this helps!

Save the form first, and hit F5 and the changes will be reflected. Do not forget to republish the form. happy.png