Skip to main content

Hello,

we have a development k2 system and a production system. If I like to deploy my first workflow for production I do this from development system by selecting "production" during the deployment, isn't it?

Which environment fields are used the production environment on development or on production server?

In the moment the production environment on development contains old values - is it necessary to change this values to the values of the production environment on production system???

I'm very confused, please help.

Anja

1. Within your development system, select the "Production" Environment setting

2. Change the values here to reflect the appropriate settings for your target product platform

3. Deploy your process making sure that the "Production" Environment (the one you worked with in step 2) is selected.

Are you planning on deploying directly from Visual Studio, or are you creating a Deployment Package that can be run using msbuild?  I really like using deployment packages when moving to production.  We have a KB article (199?) that explains the topic well.

David raises a very good point.

The KB he refers to is 188 (http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000188.aspx)

Hi Guys,

thank you for your answer - I tried to deploy direct but now I have a look to the article first.

---

I set all environment for production in the right way and tried to deploy "productive" - now I get an error "Server was unable to progress request. Object reference not set..."

Any idea what happens now.

Hello again,

I read the article but in this it is necessary to have access to the productive server. We don't have this - so I think we have to deploy directly.

I have the same problem. How can deploy to machine which is not in my network (I can set environments for HOST which is not in my network but I can not create deployment package).