Skip to main content

Hello

i want to save my k2 smartform in pdf format and i am not able to see the PDF converter field in Service Object.

Hi nimit,

The PDF Converter is available for use when the Save as PDF control is not present on a View/Form or the designer don't want to use the Save as PDF control. The Broker also allows added functionality as you can specify dynamic URL’s and/or HTML and you are not limited to taking a snapshot of what is currently reflected on the screen.

See link below:

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Julia

Hi julia

Thanks for respond!!!

I am not see the pdf converter option in my ServiceObject Explorer please find the attached screen shot.

Can you please tell me how we can get this option???

Thanks,
Nimit Singh Thakur

15102iC261EA3755E6299B.png

Hi nimit,

Please go to your SmartObject - Service - Tester tool, located in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin.

1. Under ServiceObject Explorer folder you will see PDF Converter ServiceInstance.
  2. Right click on it and click Register ServiceInstance.
  3. Then check if the PDF Converter is there in your Smartforms.

Kind Regards

Julia

Hi Julia,

I follow the steps which you mentioned but i am not Getting PDF Converter ServiceInstance Please find the attaced screen shot.

Thanks,
Nimit Singh Thakur 

12513iEC73FC14F9EC12D8.png

Hi Nimit,

I would suggest you re-configure K2 blackpearl from the installation media. and then go and check if the PDF Converter serviceInstance is there.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Julia

Hi julia,

I am using K2 Trial machine also k2 Licensed version but in Licensed version the PDF services are configured properly. 

I am trying to configure that services in K2 trial version is it possible?. or that services only available in licensed verison any idea.

Thanks,
Nimit Singh Thakur

Hi nimit,

You have a good point there, i'm note sure if that is the issue but will try and investigate why the PDF Converter is not available in your trial machine.

Kind Regards

Julia

Hi Julia,

I'm using the trial machine now and are bumping into the same issue as several others, that the PDF Converter Service doesn't seem to exist in the environment.

Did you guys figure out why the PDF Converter Service is not available on the trial machine?

And more importantly, is there a documented way to get it installed?

Thanks