Skip to main content

I used query excel services and able to retrieve the data.How can i post them to the SharePoint list ? 

I got all the values stored in a variable and i used create item action to post the data. I tested this scenario and i am getting only the first value of the excel in the list.

Example :-  In query Excel Service i mentioned cell to retrieve as A1 : A482 and stored the result in a collection variable.How should i post the values in the SharePoint list?

How are you posting the results?  Are you updating a single field on a list item?  Are you creating a new item for each entry retrieved?  Please be specific.

Can you please share some screenshots?

202677_pastedImage_1.png

202678_pastedImage_1.png

This is screenshot of how i did. Currently i am updating single field in the list.I  am confused about creating a new item for each entry retrieved. 

If you're wanting to put the results into a single field, have your tried using a multi-text field?  The title field is a single line of text.

I tried with multi text and the result is same. I want each row as a single item. if there are 400 rows i want them in list as 400 items. I am missing something  in the workflow.

Ok, in that case you need to use a For Each to loop through the collection and create an item for each one.

What's the purpose of the parallel action, and what are each of your collection operations doing?  Can you post a screen shot of the data from Excel you're trying to retrieve?

Also, how are you creating the item?  Can you post a screen shot of that setup?

In your screen shot of your workflow you have a For Each action, as well as parallel Collection actions.  What are those doing?  How are you generating the information that is in the variables "FirstValue, SecondValue, etc."?

Hi,

I have successfully created SharePoint list items from Excel file.  Giving below Nintex workflow screen shots which may be of any help.

As per requirement I had to update list items which had 5 columns - Title, Name, Location ...  Created Excel service for each column and configured as A1:A438, B1:B438, C1:C438...  In For each loop configured 1st column i.e. Title and rest in Run Parallel Action

202865_pastedImage_4.png

202863_pastedImage_2.png

202864_pastedImage_3.png

Hey Sunil, Thanks for the Guidance, I did it in a different way but the workflow is slow and it is taking more than12 hours to update all the records. I tested your workflow and it works fine for my requirement. Thanks for replying. happy.png

Thanks Brendan Murphy for the suggestions. happy.png