Skip to main content

Hello,

We have created a WF that contains around 10 approvals.  As the initiator of the workflow, how can I view the workflow process or how can I find out which approver has the form within a SharePoint site? In other words,  I want thte users to stay in SharePoint and not have to go to The Process Overview in the blackpearl workstation to view the WF status.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Wilson

I think there's some nifty stuff coming in the next release, but let's talk about what you can do today.

All of the reports you see in Workspace are standard SQL Server Reporting Services Reports.  You can display them in the SSRS SharePoint web part if they meet your needs. You can also create your own custom reports.

Another easy thing to do is use a SharePoint list as a dashboard.  When the process starts, you add an item to the list and update it when certain milestones are met in the process.  At the end, you can delete it.  Or you can provide different views of the list to meet the needs of your users.  From this list you could have a hyperlink column that allows the user to display the view flow diagram.  The ViewFlow diagram is contained in a web page that you can link to just like any other hyperlink.  Just supply the appropriate values from data fields in your process:

http://<K2 Workspace Server>/workspace/Tasklistcontrol/ViewFlowMain.aspx?ProcessID=<process ID>&K2Server=<K2 Host Server>:5252

Remember, to see the view flow, users must have at least View or View Participate rights on the process.

Both of these are quick and easy to do.

Hi David

I often use the SharePoint list technique you described including the viewflow link which works well.

However, I've never appended the K2ServerName and port number after the process ID before.  Is there scenarios where this would be required?

Tim

I will give your solutions a try.  Thank you for your help.