Skip to main content

Hi,

I have multiple paths in my workflow, which can be taken both at the same time, and land on seperate client events.  It appears, that the client event gets a copy of the XML at the time the event is reached in the workflow. 

What I need, is that if a user updates the XML in his/her client event, that when the other person opens theirs, they see the changes made to the other client event XML.

Can that be done?

Thanks,
Dean

Your description of the behaviour of the InfoPath client events is correct.

Although it's more work to accomplish what you describe.  Instead of relying on the default InfoPath K2 behaviour you could store the contents out to another source (database perhaps) using SmartObjects and only store the record ID in the workflow.  When the form opens it retrieves the data through a SmartObject call passing the record ID as an input parameter and retrieving the latest updates from the data source.  Depending on your form and the type of data it might not be necessary to store out the entire contents of the form but just a subset that needs to be retrieved when the form opens.

This results in more up front work but having the information stored in a database does make it easier to write reports against vs. the K2 xml fields. 

Hope this helps.

Tim.

Thanks Tim.  I was afraid of that..  Will keep that in the back pocket for next time.

Cheers, (and thanks for the quick reply)
Dean