Skip to main content

We have got a SharePoint 2013 farm with 2 webfrontend servers (WFE).

We want to use Nintex workflow for just 2 workflows. As our budget is also limited, we would like to use the Workgroup Edition that allows for 5 workflows.

In the Nintex documentation it says that it is possible to install the Nintex Workgroup Edition on 'the first webfrontend server' in the farm.

How does this work, if this is installed on just one WFE? If people want to design a workflow, how would they be able to select the 'correct' WFE?

Thanks for your help

Robert

Hi Robert,

Great question.  The Workgroup edition of our software allows for licensing of 1 WFE with a limit of 5 Team Sites.

Given that  you have a multiple server farm, you would need to set your primary NODE as the default for your traffic, but Nintex does not allow for you to point traffic to a specific WFE.  Nor do we allow end users to select the "correct" WFE.  You will have to create those settings in your server farm environment, which by default would send them to the licensed WFE, but if anything goes wrong with that server, unfortunately the Nintex software will not allow for a "failover" under your scenario.

I would recommend you speak with someone about your specific configuration requirement, so let me know if that is something you're interested in and I will point you in the right direction.