Skip to main content

Hi K2 Community,

I have a question on how to use the IPC event. I have a parent Parent and a Child smartobject. I am creating a workflow that should track the process starting from the newly created Parent object. I have the first portion working. Meaning that every time a new item is created the process starts and it tracks the initial process but for the child smartobjects I am having trouble conceptually thinking how I would create and event to track all the child tasks. Each Parent smartobject has many child smartobject entries. How can I track this? I was told I could use the IPC event but I have no idea how to set up the process. Can anyone provide any thought or guidance as to if I am on the right track?

End solution is that I want to to track the whole process in workspace and build a worklist based on the the items that are pending approval.

Thanks

Hi, Julio11

Can you please go to the following links to see how to use IPC Event.

(Note: the above link is not supported by K2, is from an external source)

Regards

Julia

Hi Julio11,

In the IPC Event click next till you reach the Process Send Field Mappings page. There you will see Child process fields,  the next step is go to the Process/Activity Data tab in the Context browser and open the Parent Process and open the Data Fields tab. There should see the Parent Processes datafields. Next drag the relevent data fields of the Parent Process in to the Value text boxes of the Child Process fields. Please see the link below which explains this in more detail.

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.4/Reference_-_Event_Wizard_-_IPC_Process_Field_Mappings.html

Kind Regards,

Yannick

Hi, Julio11

Are you now able to use IPC Event , or do you still require more information regarding how to use IPC Events?

Please update us with regards to this post.

Kind Regards

Julia

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.5/ipc_concepts.html