Skip to main content

I created the InfoPath 2007 form for Approval process. By using this form, user can upload attachments to SharePoint Document Library.To uplaod documents to sharePoint Library, I created the Document Library Smart Object using Smart Object Service Tester Tool.exe. On Upload button in the form, i called Document Library Create method and passed the Attachment (content) as a input parameter using Rules. Until this worked great.

But In my requirement, difeerent users can upload same document name. As we know, SharePoint wont allow to store same name. For that i want to Concatinate the file Name with document number (Which is unique). When i pass the name and Content as a input Parameters in Document Library Create Method. Some how file name is not concatinate with Document number. But i passed the Title as a conactinate string and it is worked perfect.

Can any body guide me how to update the file name in the sharePoint document library or is there any way i can store duplicate file name with combination of other columns just as a SQL table (Composite Primary Keys)

Thanks 

I am attempting something similar so that users can upload documents with the same name. So far no luck. I'll post here if I figure out a way!

Cheers,
Patrick