Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have created a workflow which gets fired when a SMartform is submitted (New Form)

I have 2 questions here :

1>Everytime I am slecting the Smartform and then clicking on Run . The Smartform adds a new item into a SP list and triggers the workflow. I guess this is not the right way of selecting and clicking the form to trigger the workflow. How do I run the form ?

2>The workflow on getting triggered sits on a user task to complete . Here I have linked it to another Smartform (Edit Form) . I want to input a value into a textbox and then the value should get updated in a datafield. Then I will select the appropriate action and the workflow should continue.

How do I acheive both ?

Note that I am using K2 for Sharepoint and instead of Sharepoint Forms , I am using Smartforms . 

Please guide .

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Satya

It sounds like you designed the SmartForm as a New Item SmartForm. The SmartForm will have to store the data that it receives soemwhere, and this will either have to be in a SharePoint list or a SQL table. You will have to pick one if you want to have a SmartForm that starts a workflow. As for changing the data fields, there should be an option in the SmartForm User Event that allows you to configure the return values from the SmartForm where you can set the values from the SmartForm to corespond to data fields.

Ian

Hi K2Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

You mean to say we cannot update value from a text box control to a process datafield once the form is submitted and the task is completed.

This is the same what we used to do in a Windows Form or COnsole application where we update a process data field using workflowclient dll and worklistitem object, something like 

wlitem.ProcessInstance.Datafieldsl"COST"] = 100;

wlitem.update();

wlitem.ACtionso"Approve"].Execute();

Here wlitem is an object of worklistitem class and is opened using the destination user for the task.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya