Skip to main content
Hi all,

I have an active Process, whose datafield value needs to be changed through database. I have updated the value in the _ProcInstData table of K2Log Database. Apparently, the value also gets inserted in k2 Database. I urgently need to update it. Is it possible? If yes, How?

Please give some detailed info. Thank you for helping in advance.

Cheers,
Rahul
You CAN NOT... and I repeat - CAN NOT, CAN NOT, CAN NOT update values directly in the databases. You need to make use of the K2ROM object model. Please refer to the Help file for sample code. Specifically have a look at the Connection class' OpenProcessInstance method as well as the ProcessInstance class' Update method.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Hi Ockert,

Thanks for the help.
I used the Connection class. It solved my problem.
I think this question has been asked many times. Hence, the aggravated reply.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Rahul
Hi Rahul,

No, it has not been asked frequently. The fact of the matter is that NO manipulation of data directly in the databases (except through K2.net Server) are allowed and I just needed to make a strong point.

Sorry if it seemed to be an "aggravated" reply.

Regards,
Ockert
Is there any method of using the K2 Server dialog to update a datafield for a certain procid?

It seems rather odd that you cannot manage the values of datafields with the manager without using customer K2ROM code...
Effectively K2ROM is K2.net Server dialog. K2ROM stands for K2.net Runtime Object Model, all process manipulation is handled using K2ROM. Do you think that this type of functionality should also be available from the K2.net Service Manager (K2MNG)?