Skip to main content

I have a workflow running against an InfoPath form. It has 2 statuses. It can take up to 2/3 days or maybe longer for a user to move it from the initial state to the end state. I have used 'Check awaiting action status' so it will move on to the next state when it receives the next response.

My issue is, this 'Check Awaiting Action Status' runs continuously which isn't ideal as the history log is extremely long.

What should I put in there to stop this but yet move on when it receives the next status change?

Any help appreciated.

do not wait in a loop for item update but rather assign a task to responsible user.

Hi Marian, a good option. I am dealing with non technical people so I am trying to limit what they need to do as much as possible. Anything else?

Hi Karen,

is it possible to split your workflow in two, where the second part starts automatically on edit with condition based on that field?

Hi ‌, I'm affraid I do not understand your reply.

do you mean your 'non technical users' do not have allowed to use any task action?

Hi Marian

I mean they are not technically savvy, so I am trying to limit the amount of work they need to do to move this workflow along. They currently do everything via the InfoPath form which has a lot of rules and conditions setup. They even struggle with that so I was trying to be clever with workflow and get the users to do as little as possible.

Could you post screnshot of your workflow how do you exactly wait for a change?

What action you specifically mean with

'Check awaiting action status'?