Skip to main content

I am working on a View which has several Radio Buttons that belong to a Radio Button Group.

Setting Radio Button Value on SmartForm:

How to set Radio Button to be Selected by default?  Say I have RadioButton_A, and RadioButton_B.

How do I set RadioButton_A to be selected when the form is initilized?

I have tried the values: True, Selected, Yes, but RadioButton_A never gets selected.

A CheckBox control has the property "Checked", which if selected will change the VISUAL look of the box by adding a green check-mark... now how do I add a green dot inside of a Radio Button to VISUALLY change its look?????

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Moe,

Try this. At the event When Form is Initialised, do a Transfer Data Action, and set the value of your Radio Button Group to be the same value of the default radio button you wish to select. e.g. RadioButton_A value

Hope this helps.

Depending on your data source you can configure the default one of two ways:

Static List - If you go to the data source and select the ellipsis in the List Items for a static list, a window pops up.  The window lets you configure the list along with which item in the list you would like to be the default.

Smart Object as Data Source - Configure the Smart Object as the data source, note what property you have indicated as the "Value" as the data source.  Go to the view's initialize rule, and after the radio button group has been populated add a transfer data action.  In the Transfer data action,  set the radio button group to the property value matching the item in the group you would like to be defaulted.

This setup is the same for a Radio Button Group or a Check Box List