Skip to main content

I have a process where I am trying to write data from one SharePoint List to another one (of many).   I need to use Get List Reference so I can dynamically choose which list to update based on source metadata, meaning that I might update a different established destination List for each of ten source List Item records.

I cannot get the settings right to make the Destination mapping fields available in the subsequent Copy List Item wizard.  Can someone provide an example of how the Subsite Relative URL, Relative URL, Name, and Title fields would be set if the destination List called List3 were at https://myportal.com/sites/SCtopsite/subsite1/subsite2/lists/List3?  Thanks for the help!

12030iB65A0C9ACAEE3351.png

@MKIRSCH - Judging from your screenshot it would appear you are using the incorrect  'List' step in  your workflow design. I think what you want is the 'List Items - Get List Item Reference' step , not the 'Lists - Get List Reference".

Addendum:

The 'Subsite Relative URL' value is the URL from the SharePoint root site to the 'Subsite' you want to access.
For example, if you have a site with a containing subsite like so "{URLrootSPsite}/samson/SubSiteAA", the Subsite Relative URL will be "SubSiteAA"

In your case, this will be "subsite1/subsite2"

The idea is the same for sites/subsites/list names that contain space(s). Also, you do not need to specify a value for the 'Relative URL' in this case since it's implied.

HTH.

I am in fact seeking to get a dynamic reference to the List not the List Item.

I finally figured this out and the output list does not need to be Appified first.