Skip to main content

Bit of background, I have 3 smart objects, Store, Delivery and Delivery Worker.  Each Store can have many deliveries and each delivery can have many workers.

I was trying to assign a user step to the workers doing deliveries for a specific store.  In the destination users wizard, I choose DeliverWorkers.GetList.AccountName, that opens another dialog for the smart object properties (for the delivery worker), In the delivery field I select the Delivery.GetList.Id and that opens another smart object properties dialog (for delivery) and in the store field I specify my store Id.

This all wires up ok, but at run time I am only getting the workers for the first delivery against the store.  I'd prefer to not have to write the code to set the destinations since the wizard suggests it should work, it just doesn't seem to cope with the idea of the join or nested query (iteration blocks).

Any suggestions?

It's normally a pain to do a join query on SmartObjects.  So I normally avoid that path.

It would normally be easier to do either a view or stored procedure to join on the SQL end before returning the results back.

The good thing is that this will be supported natively in the upcoming 090x release which will include the new Dynamic SQL services broker (for the moment, you have to rely on the open-source unsupported versions on blackmarket).