Skip to main content

Hello all, I did notice that K2 has compatibility issue with Internet explorer. Some views load better on IE8 and not IE9, while some work well on IE9 and not IE8. Please can anyone help to explain this compatibility issue with K2...

tade...

I have also encountered this issue several times. The compatibility matrix shows that IE9 is te only fully supported IE last time I checked. I had some weird CSS and ajax issues which were mostly resolved by changing the control type. What are the issues you are having, maybe you can workaround.

Enable compatibility mode in Internet Explorer.  That's the only way K2 Workspace will work reliably on IE >= 8.

Hello Tade,

So to add to s0m3one's reply - the supported versions are IE9 & IE10. So I recommend that you try to upgrade or use IE9 for best results.

To add to sbrownhuntoilco's reply:

To solve the "squished" page view issue -   
1. Add the Workspace URL to the Compatibility View Settings
2. Go into Internet Options > Security tab
3. Select "Local intranet" underneath the "Select a zone to view or change security settings"
4. Set the "Security level for this zone" to Low
5. Click on the Sites button next to the bolded "Local intranet" and then click Advanced
6. For the "Add this website to the zone:" add the Workspace URL here also
7. Apply the changes

For #1 you can also use the wildcard, "*" and type your domain name (e.g. *.k2.com) and then 'Add' to the Compatibility View Settings as another solution.

Note: if you are unable to follow all these steps exactly as-is, it may mean that there's a GPO permission that will prevent you from doing this (usually there'll be a message in the bottom of the dialogue box and greyed out buttons)

For future reference, if you have IE11 you can do the following:

1. Press F12 and at the bottom of your screen some options will pop up

2. Scroll down the left hand corner options until you get to the last one, "Emulation"

3. Change the "Document mode" and "User agent string" both to 10

4. If that doesn't work, try 9

/This will emulate the views of IE10 and IE9]

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Alyssa