Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a scenario which is most common. The scenario is, user create a approval request form which is infopath form with multiple approver levels say 10 approver levels. After 7 persons approved, the person in the 8th level left the compnay and got a new person to approve (Might be a new person or already exist person got promotion).

How can i replace the new user so that he/she can a take action on it instead of re routing the same form again from the scratch.

Please help me how to implement this scenario with steps. 

If the validation task is already assigned to the person who left, you can still reassign the task manually, from the Workspace. To do that, click on Management --> Management Console, then expand your server node --> Workflow Server --> Worklists. Select the task you want to reassign, and click the Redirect button.

If your question is "how to design my process to avoid being stuck because of this?", I recommend the use of roles. Thus you assign the task to a role instead of a person. Advantage: if the person leave, juste remove him/her from the role, and add somebody else: the new person will then be in charge of the task.

Cheers,

Nicolas

If you don't want to manage the redirection for each worklistitem the person will receive. you can also declare this person Out-Of-the-Office and set a delegate user for him/her. Then, all worklistitems will be assigned to the original user and to his delegate.

HTH

Thanks for your reply. Right now i am doing as you told, by going to K2 Workspace --> worklist, here i am able to delegate or redirect to respective users. That part is working.

But i am using sharepoint list to track the staus of the workflow for normal users to view the status. How and where can i track the delegation event in workflow so that i can update the sharepoint list accordingly to whom it was delegated.

Thanks