Skip to main content

Hello Community,

I`m new to Nintex and so far everything works great. But now I need a little help.

I have a WF on which a Manager has to approve a document. If he approves it the WF is over and the state will show "closed".

But if he rejects it, it should go to another person for review and then back to the Manager again. This part (Manager -> Review Person -> Manager) should repeat until the Manager approves the document.  

I made a screenshot from the test system to explain it a little better. The part in the red box is the part which should repeat until the Manager approves.

Workflow.png

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks a lot.

M_G

Hi!

for this kind of workflow, you could use a State Machine action.

Inside a State Machine you can set different states and with the Change State action you can move the workflow between the various states.

Remember that all the action in a state are processed before changing state (also if you put the change state as first action of that branch) and that if you want to exit the state machine you should use a change state with "End State Machine" set as next state.

Giacomo

Giacomo Gelosi  is right. You will find an example from Peter Behler in Loop action for request approval?

Kind regards

Manfred

Thank you guys.

That helps a lot. I will try it as soon as possible and will give you feedback how it works.

Kind regards
Mark

Hi,

I changed my workflow and included a State Machine. Everything looks good.

But I have one problem: the State Machine doesn`t start. The workflow is running until he comes to the State Machine on which he stops.

I read a lot on the net about this issue and how to solve it (Timer Job, IIS Reset,...). But nothing helped.

Have anyone of you an idea how to make it run?

Cheers

Mark

Hi,

have you changed the state names after the initial configuration of the state machine (where you have set the starting state)? If yes, could you try to set again the initial state with the new name?

If this doesn't apply to your case, I'm sorry but I haven't any other idea to solve your issue and my only suggestion is to open a ticket to Nintex Support..

Giacomo

Hi Giacomo,

you saved my life and my workflow :-)

It works great now. Thank you very much.

Mark