Skip to main content

Hi,

We have a number of Workflows sitting in our Nintex Workflow Management -> Nintex Workflow Support Console.

When I click on the Workflow Name, I can see the Workflow with the error message saying "Cannot find list item" with a link to show a detailed view.

Image 1.png

When I click for a detailed view, it shows the following message at the end of the Workflow Messages:

5/06/2015 10:55 AMWorkflow CommentError in task. Cannot find item with id 72 in list 'New Adviser Appointment Process'. Check the user has at least read permissions. Current user: i:0#.w|fitzpatricks ammy.wright.Error
5/06/2015 10:55 AMErrorAn error has occurred in Compliance Approval Controlled Doc New Adviser.

So it appears that the document that the workflow had started for, has been deleted.

When I go back to the previous page, and try to "Terminate this workflow", I get an error stating that the item does not exist.

95814_pastedImage_1.png

Is there any way to remove this workflow?

What can I do to prevent a document with a workflow running from being deleted?

Thanks in advance.

Steven Reid

Take a look at this >>> Re: How to pruge the data for the deleted list item (purge nintex workflow data)

Thank you Fernando.

Just what I needed.

I had this same issue and since the site wasn't live I purged all the workflow history and was still seeing the workflow as being in progress.  The list item had been deleted, all workflow data purged, and NintexWorkflowHistory list items purged as well.

The workflow entry didn't drop off until I went to the workflow settings on the list and removed the old instances.  I had some old instances that I hadn't cleaned up and one of them contained an active instance for the orphaned workflow.  After removing the old instance that had the active workflow it was finally purged from the system.

-From the list that contains the orphaned workflow, open the Workflow Settings:

WorkflowOrphan03.png

-Look for old versions that have the workflow in-progress and try to match that up.  From this view the only option is to try and coincide the publish time on the workflow with the submit time on the workflow:

WorkflowOrphan01.png

-Select the offending workflow and click the "Remove" radio button.

WorkflowOrphan02.png

-After doing the above steps the orphaned workflow didn't show up in the Nintex My Workflows web part.

To do it on a farm level you might try this blog's suggestions: