Skip to main content

I read some old (2008) posts stating there was not an easy way to remove a deployed workflow.  Is this true?  Is it possible to do?

I have several WFs I deployed for testing, that are no longer needed.  One of which is attached to a SharePoint List and it's firing off a new WF each time an item is added.

How can I remove these?  I'm not referring to just the instances, but I wish to remove the processes completely from the Workflow server.

Thanks!

That is not currently possible, what you can do is remove the Process form the list. Go to list settings > Workflows and remove it from there. This way no new instances of that process will start. If this is a test env…you can drop the K2Server and K2ServerLog db’s and reconfigure to recreate them, then no workflows will exist on that env. So if this route is followed, remember it will lose all deployed processes and instances. Its like starting on a fresh environment.

HTH

Vernon

Thanks!  I was afarid of that.

Unfortunately, my test processes are "SharePoint Events", not workflow integrated.  So I don't have the option to go in and turn them off.

Although you cannot delete the deployed workflow, you can remove its association to SharePoint events.

In SharePoint (i have assumed 2010) goto 'Site Actions->K2 Site Settings->Events Integration Management' and remove them

That works for now.  Thanks very much.

Its unfortunate that you can't recall a deployed WF.

And quite rediculous!