Skip to main content

What is the process to reload or update a revised InfoPath form in an existing project? For example if I have to add some new fields and rules to my IP form, how do I re-integrate version 2 of the form into an existing k2 project?

Is there a way to do this without having to reconfigure every activity and event?

This will all depend on what you are trying to achieve, if only the template needs to be replaced with a new version, you can either integrate the new form and run through the wizards and redeploy. The other option is to upload the form directly to the library that is integrated with the process.

Please see the attached file (InfoPath and SSL) in the following post: http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/10308.aspx

This document not only covers the SSL aspect but also the re-publishing of the InfoPath template to the library. This should do the trick if I understand correctly and only is nothing needs to change in the process itself.

So basically this will replace the current template with the updated one.

HTH

Vernon

The scenario is where I add another field to the IP form so that one of the activities in the K2 process can consume it. From what I understand you have to add version 2 of the IP form to the Workflow Form Template Integration Wizard and call it IPForm2.xsn and then reconfigure all the activities and events to the new IP Form. Then after you are done you can remove version 1 of the form.

This is easy for simple K2 processes but is really a pain for larger ones.  There has got to be a better way.

Yes there is.   If you're simply wanting to making changes to the InfoPath form after you've integrated InfoPath with your blackpoint (or blackpearl) process you need to:

1. Click on the InfoPath integration button in the top right hand portion of your process toolbar.  This will bring up the InfoPath integration wizard settings for your
    form.  You'll note that there is a Refresh button and a Design button. 
  2. Click on Design which will open the InfoPath form in design mode and you can make all the changes you want to the form.
  3. Save your InfoPath form changes and close the InfoPath form.  Once the form closes blackpoint will incorporate any changes like new field items into the process XML fields.

Note that once you've started using InfoPath in your process K2 copies the form from its original location into your processes project.  In solution explorer in K2 studio you'll see it creates and InfoPath folder that it places the form in. 

If by chance you've made changes to the InfoPath form in the original location you can:

1. In Windows explorer copy and replace the InfoPath form in your processes solution Infopath folder on your local harddrive.
  2. Open K2 Studio and your process.
  3. Click on the click on the InfoPath integration button in the top right hand portion
    of your process and click on Refresh.  This will incorporate any changes to the InfoPath schema as well as add the _K2 node and the connection settings that allow the form to submit the form to the K2 Process.

Occasionally after doing the above I've found that changes to the xml schema will not show in K2 Studio until I right mouse click on the XML field and click on refresh.  Closing and reopening the process would also work.

Thanks a bunch! It worked. I knew something didn't smell right when I was told that the form had to be manually re-integrated with the k2 project.