Skip to main content

Hi,

I need a workflow that can take run multiple times on a same item and updates field in current item based on the instantaneous input by user.

Referring both these list by 'ID' works only when workflow runs only once on an item. if the same item gets updated another time which initiates workflow again, then referring the this item in 'workflow task list' doesnt work with field 'ID'.

I tried using 'Workflow instance ID' but it throws error. Also I tried association task list, which is a replica of 'workflow task list' ...still nothing.

What is the correct way of referring workflow item in 'task list' to the current item on which the workflow runs??

What is the goal that you would like to achieve? I guess your workflow is running on your list, and you would like to find the task in the task list from that same workflow. If I understand correctly you are querying to your task list based on the ID of your current item, but the problem is ofcourse that if there are multiple tasks for that item, you cannot find the correct task.

In multiple Nintex actions (like flexi task...) you have the ability to Store the current task ID in a variable. This way you can query and use the variable to retrieve details of the task of this instance

Is that what you are trying to do?.

Hi Glenda,

Thanks. I didnt know we could store task id from the control itself in a variable to use it afterward for reference.

I'm using 'request data' and 'set field value' control multiple times ( even after workflow completes).

Thanks a lot. I'll come up with more questions later.

-KK

Kundan,

This should work perfectly for you then, just use the Task ID option in your request data action:task id.png

Glenda

Sorry How did you then input that Task Id variable as reference for the input field in the "Set field Value" Action