Skip to main content

Looking for a simple JavaScript code to populate data from another SharePoint list in nintex form

I have two list

The main list " Leave request"

Which has following column:

Leave Details...

Personal Details :

ID number,

Name and Surname,

Email Address

Second List "Personal Details list"

Name & surname,

Id Number,

Email

On the form, initiator has to type their ID Number and automatically the form has to populate the name & surname and Email address

How can I do that using javascript/ or anything else that can help

The form is in nintex forms

I treid searching for javaScript code but I don't seem to understand any of the codes as I am new in javascript

Appreciate any solution and help Thanks

Hello,

You'd more than likely want to do one of two things:

A) Either use calculated fields for name, surname, and email address - and place a lookup function on them to go out and grab the right values from the other list (you grab this function from the list of functions in the formula builder area).

B) Use cascading list lookups - this would allow you to start with one drop down and then when a value is selected, the other 3 dropdowns would be filled with the correct values.  This deviates slightly from what you described, because they would be selecting a value from a list of ID's instead of typing it in.

Thanks

Thank you appreciate you help

I think I will use B even thou its gonna be hard changing the clients mind on what they want

I though I could find a JavaScript to do that was avoiding to use drop down list

You're welcome,

Using a Textbox where you type in the ID, and then having 3 calculated fields based on what you type in sounds closest to what you want. This would be option A.  This simulates what you would do in JavaScript.