Skip to main content

We have got K2 internet users licence.

Appreciate any guidance to enable controlled external users access to K2 smartforms. 

Users are not domain users and external to the organization, are there any pre-built K2 solution that has user registration functionality (register user and reset password)?

Good day Umar,

I'm not aware of any pre-built K2 solutions for managing external users. There are a few resources that you might find useful however, in configuring your own solution.

1. Allowing Anonymous Access to SmartForms. This configuration allows external users access to SmartForms, however, it does not provide a specific solution for managing user login credentials.

2.  K2's SQL User Manager (SQLUM). This component allows you to manage users using SQL (and not Active Directory). If you have the resources internally, this might be your best option to configure.

3. Visit the K2 Market. Here, you will find resources, code and "pre-built" solutions that might meet your needs as well. For example, the K2 SQLUM Management Form contains the forms and instructions for setting up a user management solution, outside of Active Directory. Please be aware however, that K2 does not support any solutions from the Market, they are provided by K2 users and developers to use at your own risk.

I hope this helps.

Umar, had a smiliar chat with K2 about this a while back.

For non-domain users (i.e. internet access) you can do 2 things (we didn't need them in the end)

1) setup a 2nd runtime site for anonymous access

2) buy a k2 internet connector license (not cheap)

Thanks for very useful responses :)

@ @Sharpharp1 i am curious to know how did you manage to provide external user access without needing both the options you mentioned?

For the time being, we decided just to provide access to domain-based users only, so we didn't go any further.

However i'm still interested in doing this in the future, as it opens up posibilities to increasing access to external guests etc.

If you find out, do post back and let me know.

Cheers