Skip to main content

Hi All,

I created a custom column in SharePoint and added to the list. But I'm unable to see this column in Nintex form. Is this bug? Can anyone please suggest a workaround?

Thanks!

Hi,

what do you mean for "custom column"? Is it a custom type of column or you have just added a "standard type" column to a list?

In the first case, because it's really a custom column I don't know it they are supported in Nintex Forms, probably it depends on how the field is customized..

In the second case, do you have created a Nintex Form before you add the column? If yes, it's normal, column aren't added automatically to the form when you add them to the list, you can find them in the "List Columns" panel on the left

Giacomo

Thanks Giacomo for your reply. First I created simple Hyperlink custom field (SharePoint Link list: Open in a New Window | Salaudeen Rajack's SharePoint Diary) using SharePoint out of box feature , then created custom list and attached this column.

When I was trying to create Nintex form, unable to populate custom column in the form. It is not visible under "List Column" as well.

Swap

Hi Swap,

I've just tested and I'm not able to add that field to my Nintex Form, I think that those kind of columns are not supported in Nintex Forms (I don't know if it's a bug or simply they're not yet supported)..

Do you need a Publishing Hyperlink or a standard Hyperlink field is enough? Standard Hyperlink field are supported..

Hi Giacomo,

The default behaviour is that the hyperlink (Standard Hyperlink field) opens in the current browser window instead in a new instance of the browser.

As per my requirement, link should be open in different tab / window and attach a document from SHarePoint library.

This custom field allows me to open a link in different window and can browse files (see image below) from SharePoint directory only (by default).

107732_pastedImage_0.png