Skip to main content

Hi

Worklist is sent to multiple approvers and each approver can fill their comments and say approve or reject. if there are multiple approvers(destination users), how to pass the comments from each approver to K2 Process?

Ezaz

leave the field where the user will enter his comments as it is.. create a seperate repeating node in the infopath also.

If you have trouble.. just send me an email.. ill give you a document that i have prepared for this feature that i have implemented

Hi max,

i've created a seperate repeating node in the infopath also.
this is the resulting node on my IP form...
  <my:approval>
    <my:history>
      <my:comments></my:comments>
      <my:username></my:username>
      <my:statusSelected></my:statusSelected>
    </my:history>
  </my:approval>

After comments are saved to IP form this is the resultant schema of IP form...

<my:Approval>Approve</my:Approval>
  <my:txtcomments>kabaddi</my:txtcomments>
  <my:approval>
      <my:comments>kabaddi</my:comments>
      <my:comments></my:comments>
  </my:approval>

In the end, in server event code am saving IP form xml.
// Save the changed xml back to the process field
K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFieldsa"pE1"].Value = xmlDoc.OuterXml.ToString();

BUT, i can not see the comments histoy when i open the IP form saved in sharepoint form library.

Any guess!!! THANKS

Hi,

I have followed your instruction at final view i am able to see the collated comments in repeating, but extra row getting added with empty value. please advice how i can remove this one?

I mean 2 approvers are giving comments, intead 2 rows in repeating it appears 3 rows(2 rows with comments,1 rows is no value and empty value), please help me out.

Best regards

Madhan

Hi Madhan,

You can delete the empty rows

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can you please tell me how to do this? i mean through server event code or InfoPath. 

If you provide any codesnippet that should be much appreciated.

Hi,

I have followed the inst that are provided in this blog and i am able to collect and see the comments, but the problem is once the end of the activity i could see all the commens that are provided by destination users. but i supposed the show the comments to each other respective destination users.

For example

3 destination users

1st destiantion user - 1comments

2nd destiantion user - 2comments

3rd destiantion user - 3comments

As soon as 1st destination user provided the comments, 2nd destination user should see th comemnts provided by 1st user.

This comments also to be submitted for further actitvity as well.

Someone , please help out to resove this problem. Thanks

Best regards

Madhan

if you store the comments in a database, rather than in the form itself, then when you open the form re-query the database, the form will always display the latest comments.

Be aware that people may then wait to see what other people have said (everyone will want to be the last person to comment), so it may affect the time it takes to complete a process.

The other option is to get the approval in series, rather than in parallel.

There may be other ways of achieving this?

Hi,

I am using Process XML fields loading the comments and binding them into InfoPath repeating field.

here if i put the bind comments outside the actvity it is works fine. all the comments i can see in the end of the activity(i mean outside the acvitivity), but my output should be to show the comments each other user in the same activity,

i am using the collated code, bind code for infopath.

Please help me what i am doing wrong.