Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a workflow made using Nintex 2013 in SharePoint 2013 platform. In the “Request approval” step, how can I modify the description of the status and the radio button description as shown in the attached image 1 from request approval form?

Attached image 2 is a sample of the modified approval form from SharePoint 2007. I want to replicate this "Resubmit or Withdraw" form. Can someone help me how to achieve this in SharePoint 2013 using Nintex 2013 ?

Thanks

Do you have Nintex Forms? Then you can edit the label for status very easily.

But as a tip, I would use the Flexi Task instead of the request approval anytime I need to modify the outcomes. Instead of changing the labels to the radio buttons to Resubmit and withdraw, you should change the actual outcomes to the task. You can do this with a flexi task directly within the configuration. Then the outcomes will appear in the form as such without creating a custom form. Also, in the workflow designer, you will have two branches labeled as your outcomes, and you can even use Lazy Approval with these outcomes. The user will have to respond with the same spelling, but you can prompt them to what are the available or expected outcomes are in the configurable notification email.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this tip. We don't have Nintex Forms and we only use the built in approval task form from Nintex.

I tried using the "Flexi Task" instead of the "request approval" as you suggested and I was able to rename the radio button to Resubmit/Withdraw. But I also want to modify the Outcome description as shown in the attached image. Is there a way to modify the wordings from "Select an outcome for this task." to "Mark whether to Resubmit or Withdraw the item" ?

Modify outcome description.png

Also I'm not sure why the Edit Task Form in the ribbon bar is always disabled. ?disabled pic.png

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Rhea

Hi Rhea,

As Andrew mentioned, you need an editor to edit the workflow task form. Either Nintex Form or InfoPath. If you dont have either of these, then the option to Edit form will be greyed out.

To change the description of the Outcome, go to the Task list, select the Outcome column and modify the description.

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your reply. I do have an InfoPath installed on my computer but it is only 2007 version. I'm not sure if this will work or where to start to edit the workflow task form.

Also for the description of the Outcome, there's no column named Outcome in my custom list, so I'm not sure where to edit the description?

Hi Rhea,

Are you on Sharepoint foundation or enterprise? Foundation does not allow you to edit forms with InfoPath. Another thing to check if you are able to edit other lists forms with InfoPath.

My bad about the Outcome column. It is not part of the task list. It has to be customized with the form itself.

Kapil,

We are using Enterprise. I'll try to see first if we have Nintex Forms or InfoPath 2013 that I can install and start from there. Thanks again!

Sounds great. The only way you can change the description is through javascript injection (which will be difficult as you cannot/should not change the code to an application page) or using a custom form through infopath or nintex.

Thanks Andrew. Your replies are very helpful as well. I have a follow up question regarding using "Assign Flexi task".  Is there any downside to using a flexi-task as opposed to an approval task?

There is only one possible downside to a Flexi Task over the Request Approval task that I can think of. In the Request Approval task, you can store the Action ID in a variable. This makes it possible to use the Delegate Workflow Task action in a parallel branch within the workflow using some other condition than a timing delay.

But I bet I could list a dozen downsides to using the Request Approval task over the Flexi Task.

Please let us know if this issue is resolved? Could you please mark the appropriate answer as correct to help others on the community.