Skip to main content
I made the mistake of making a process with an activity that has a line pointing to itself with no line rule.
As a result every processinstance that goes to the activity runs into an endless loop.
I have tried to delete the processinstance with the k2.net service manager.
I also have tried to stop and kill the processinstance programmatically with the k2manager dll. Unfortunately with no results.
What should I do?
The only interface into these running processes is via the K2.net Service Manager Console.

On the mentioned "Activity" that contineously loops, are there any rules that may cause this "Activity" to stop? e.g. "Preceding" rules or "Succeeding" rules. Does any part of the "Activity" or it's "Events" depend on "Process Data" being set? If so, the "OpenProcessInstance" member on the "K2ROM" object may be used to open such a "Process Instance" and then the data can be changed and cause the flow to stop.

What happens when the "Process Instance" is given the "Stop" command from inside the K2.net Service Manager "Process Instance" interface?

Is it at all possible to get a handle on the running "Process Instance" through the "K2.net Service Manager"?

What is the timespan on this "Activity", iow, how often does the "Activity" re-start?
I had no internet connection so I was not able to respond earlier.

I reproduced the process and this this time I had no problem to stop the processinstance with the K2.net Service Manager. Deleting the processinstance was also no problem. Since I can't reproduce the problem, I think it's best to close this subject.
Thanks for responding