Skip to main content

How can I invoke the "Print to PDF" function from a button on a form?  (I would prefer a "Print" button to the ribbon selection.)

Hi Ron,

Do you want a custom Form button to perform the same function as the Print to PDF (default button present in the ribbon)?

200310_pastedImage_3.png

Yes, I’d like a custom form button that does Print to PDF (much like all of our forms have a “Cancel” button even though that, too, is in the ribbon). Our users are used to the buttons on the form. We currently have “Print” buttons on most/all of out forms. The current print functions do not work well (which is why we upgraded to Enterprise forms – to get the Print to PDF function).

I would prefer to keep the current interface for our users (the Print Button on the form) but take advantage of the Print to PDF function. If that is not practical, I will just remove the Print buttons from all forms and the users will have no choice but to use the ribbon. Not a huge deal – just thought I’d check before I removed all of the Print buttons and started taking calls form the business.

Thanksfor your quick reply…

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC

2701 University Parkway, Winston-Salem NC 27105

T| 336.724.3625 x1333 C| 336.749.8009

rpillsbury@goodwillnwnc.org<mailto:rpillsbury@goodwillnwnc.org>

Please, Do you have an answer to this topic? I also need the same due we are hidding the Ribbon in all forms, but I want to have the same functionality in a default form button (please, don't say me it's mandatory to do it from Ribbon).

Best regards,

Ignasi Tebé.