Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a workflow in whcih different stages are there like

Submitter

Approver

Reviewer

The actions are taken from asp.net forms (like submission,approval etc.)

Submitter stage information like RoleId,Stage Id (for approver 2) is directly passed from code while calling K2 process.Also custom database is updated with stageId-2 and next time when Approver log-in he will be able to see the item in his queue.

We are unable to find out how Apporver client activity will deirectly be called when Approver submits the request. Our process again executes the submitter activity.

Your help is appreciated

That sounds like your outcome rules on the approver activity are broken.  Since you are using ASP.NET forms, I assume you are using the K2 API to access your process.  Once your code calls the WorklistItem.Actionsn].Execute() method on an action that completes the worklist item, the activity is complete and your workflow proceeds to the next activity.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of your process?

EDIT:

This just dawned on me: Are you using the exact same code to try and complete the worklist action in the Approver activity?  Are you sure you aren't kicking off a new process instance when you are intending to complete an activity in the existing process instance?  See here for examples of how to action a worklist item.