Skip to main content
Hi all,

I meet a question: in an activity, muti destionation users will do the task, i set a escalition rule, when time reach, i want to set the user's (who have not finish their task) activity data field vales then flow to the next activity according the rule. Now i can set activity data field values for users, but i found the activity cannot go on, and the expired users's task are still in their worklist.
So how can i process this problem, maybe modify database values can realize that, but is their any API or web service i can call?

Regards,
karon
Can you use .Finish in escalation rule code and make sure it passes the succeeding rule?
The K2.net Server cannot access and finish workitems on behalf of users. This is by desgin.

There is a way to achieve what you want to do. One possibility would involve redirecting the workitems to the K2.net Server account (or another domain account) using the K2MNG API from an external application. (This is very important otherwise you can cause other problems.)

Once this is done these workitems can be openend and completed via a webservice call (where the webservice must impersonate the K2.net Server who is making the call).

Another option would be to use the GOTO-activity method. This will expire the activity and the workflow will continue from the activity specified.
This will expire the activity.
Hi Conrad,

You mentioned that using the GOTO-activity method is an option to what karon said. Of course the Activity expires and process follows according to rules, but

What I have seen in some processes (at Eccentrix VPC) is that having more than one Client Event Instance, only the first Client Event Instance expires; the rest of Destinations still have the work list item as "Active".

Can this be related with the use of slots at Succeding Rule (for instance all to approve or at least one to reject)?

Kind regards.
Hi Jcolmenero,

The Goto-acitivity method should expire all activities in the process and the process should continue at the activity specified when you call the method. This means all client events in all activites should expire.

hi

how can I make the engine uderstand that task is finished and it can move to the next action? (Not by GoTo)

thanks..