Skip to main content

Hi,

Can't quite work out how to do this in K2 Studio Workflow.

1) An online form is submitted by a Manager or their Assistant

2a) If the assistant submitted the request, I need this to be Ok'd (somehow) by the Manager before the Workflow continues

2b) If however, the Manager approved the request, then just continue to the next step in the workflow.

3) From the outcome of 2a or 2b I need the workflow to continue and pass the request onto be Authorised by Senior Management.

So is there any way of handling all this in a Workflow?

I am thinking of adding a radio button which says "Are you submitting the form on behalf of a Manager?". Then maybe have a textbox where the assistant enters the userID/email address of the Manager. Could i use this email address to get the confirmation/approval from the Manager before the request is sent on to get properly authorised by SENIOR Management?

At the moment, i have a working workflow that has one approval step which is a simple approved/declined by Senior Management. Can i change this workflow that to include the above?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The assistant seems to have no authority, therefore, I would find a way of excluding the assistants from the approver group whent he task is assigned. This seems like the simplest idea. Not sure if you can do this with the out of the box tools but if you should be able to achieve something using the code event. 

What I would do, although it may not be 100% correct depending on your Active Directory. is to get a list of the users in the approver group. Find their direct report, and if they have a direct report user who is also in the approver group, i would only keep the direct report and remove the user witht he direct report. This would remove the "assistants".

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Already tried that approach, but a Manager could be lazy (shock horror) and leave it to their Assistant to fill in the form. -This happens all the time, so I need a way to let the Assistant fill in the form, but then allow the assistant to say that they are filling in the form on behalf of the manager and put in the UserID of the manager.

Then i need a way to notify the Manager for their approval before the form is sent on for Proper approval by Senior Management.

Ok, That sounds more compliated. So do all the approves have to approve or only one. If just one person has to approve from that group I would do the following.

In the approval activity have a event where it writes the actioned by to a datafield. Now you know ho actioned it. In the activity after the approval activity, get a list of the approvers and then compare it wiht the actioned by users direct report. If here is a match save that direct report to another datafield. Up to now, you know who actioned it and if it was an assistant or not and if it is an assistant then you know who the direct report is. Now just notify the direct report that this task was approved by your asistant.