Skip to main content

Symptoms

How to disable SmartAction functionality.

Diagnoses

Possible via config modification.

Resolution

You can edit the "Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe.config" on your K2 server, changing ' enableListeners="false"' in , and restart the K2 blackpearl service.

This will disable the SmartAction listener on the server. Note that this will strip out SmartAction content from the default task notification, but will not alter a user-customized notification.

How is making a change in the logging file going to do anything? Strange resolution. 

I believe the file is C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe.config

<system self="K2:[yourdomain][youraccount]" enableListeners="True" allowAmbiguity="true" />

Change to False

<system self="K2:[yourdomain][youraccount]" enableListeners="False" allowAmbiguity="true" />

Hi all,

Sometime you need to disable SmartActions in order to allow you to send mail with a different "From address".

I found a linked K2 Idea:
https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-942
with following title:
Add ability to change From address for task emails with SmartActions enabled on farm

Do not hesitate to send the link to your colleagues as we need at least 20 votes to have the status changed to "Future consideration".

Best regards,

Olivier Chatagnon