Skip to main content

I want to find out who is the owner of the current work item in an activity and store the person's information in a field which I can access later in another activity. Is there somewhere or someway I can access this information through K2? Is there an existing means in perhaps the Context Browser to find this information?

During the design of the workflow, you can use a data transfer event and store the owner of the current work item in a data field. You should use the 'Activity Instance Destination' field from the context browser

First off, thanks for the reply. 🙂 Your solution seemed very promising, but unfortunately did not solve the problem. 😕 What I did to test the solution was to create 2 new Data fields and then use a data event to populate those fields with the name and email of the destination user. Then I had a Notification event right after that which reported the captured values. The first (name) simply came back as K2Server and there was no value for the email field. Is there a possibility I could have configured something incorrectly?

You'll need to set the advanced destination rules to:

Plan per destination --> All at once

Create a slot for each destination

Resolve all roles to users and groups

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/13293.aspx

Note that there are a lot of options around the destination rules so K2 created a whitepaper discussing the options as well as there are videos on the underground as well.