Skip to main content

Hi All, I have created a k2 report using Report Designer. How to deploy created report to other environments.

Also how to get the rdl file from report server to modify using visulstudio for further logic.

If you have SSRS enabled as part of your K2 configuration you will be able to publish your reports created in the K2 Report designer to SSRS. To check if this is enabled you can edit one of your reports and in the steps on the left click the finish step, on this screen you have 3 options, the last is the one we are interested in. If the “Publish my report” option is enabled then you are good to go and that means that SSRS is enabled as part of your configuration. 

If disabled follow the steps below:

- run the K2 Configuration Manager and select the “Configure K2” option

- Click next until you get to the SQL Reporting Services Configuration section and select the “Enable SSRS option”

- Specify the correct URL based on your env, Test the connection and complete the configuration wizard

If enabled, follow the steps:

- Click the “Publish my report” option, once done the report will open

- Open a browser and browse to your SSRS Report manager (http://{Your Server Name}/Reports)

- Click the “Reporting” folder and you should see your published reports

- From the context menu of the report you should find the download option

Now that you have the rdl, you can easily import it on your other K2 environment

Let me know if you have questions.

Hi Thanks for the reply. I have deployed my report onto report server, but i am unable to get the rdl file. I did not find any options to download the rdl file. How can i retrieve this.

Also is there any way can we create package of report and deploy onto another k2 server?