Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have implemented the stopping of processes within my Console Application. However, even if the process is now tagged as stopped, having the StatusID = 4, that certain process is still seen in the Workspace under Worklists with an "Available" status. Also, I tried using the delete method for processes, and it worked out fine as it should be - the process is not seen under Worklists. What I want to do is stop a process and expect that the process can't be seen in the report anymore. Am I missing something here? Can someone explain these scenarios?

Thanks.

janejanejane

Hi,

There is basically 3 things you can do with a Process Instance namely Stop, Start and Delete. The behavior that you can expect is this:

Stop: Only when  a process instance is active or running can the process be Stopped, what this means is that no further execution will be done on the process instance whiles it is stopped. All related worklist items will be removed from the participants worklists. The process instance will still be visible in the reports with the process instance status indicating that it has been stopped

Start: Only when a process instance status is Stopped can it be started again, this will continue the execution of the process so all related worklist items will once again be available via participants worklist as well as the status on reports will change back to running

Delete: Any process instance regardless the status can be deleted, once deleted it cannot be undone. You have an option as part of delete to remove all log entries that basically means that the process instance will no longer be available via the reports

The functionality explained can easily be tested via the K2 Workspace under Process Instance Management, or making use of the Management object model.

Let me know if you have more questions regarding this question.

Hi Renier,

Thanks for the explanation. I'll get back to you when I still have questions.

janejanejane