Skip to main content

HI,

I am trying to create two seperate table in the same view. All I could is create one table first and then create another table within one of the table column. This is like having table within a table. Is there a way to create two seperate tables in view layout. Thanks.

Dear ,

The trick im thinkin of in ur case is the following ,

if ur source is sql server tables , then u will need to create stored procedure that combines these 2 tables ,

for example if u do select * from table1 , table2  ..... u will retrieve all columns from table 1 with their data and all columns from table  2 with their data , and u might wanna show/hide the columns u need .

or if the 2 tables were having common fields , u could try using "UNION" or "UNION ALL" to combine them .

after creating the stored procedure , then u will need to create a smart object off of it , using ur tester tool .

then use that smart object to create list view .

hope it helps!

Regards.

Hi IPO

Are you referring to layout tables on an item view, or list views?

If you are referring to layout tables on an item view then you can drop a table control from the toolbox into an existing table cell and format as you require with the number of rows and columns. You can also merge cells across columns and rows to format the table.

If you are referring to list views, then no, you cannot have two "tables" in the same list view. A list view can only use one smartobject as a datasource, so you will need to configure your smartobject to show the data you need. You can always use a subview to show more or related information for a listview item.

Thanks Ahemad and Andrew. I am talking about the layout tables, not database table. Thats what I have noticed, if its a item view layout, you can create a table and then create another another table in a cell. I thought we can create two seperate item view table in the same view which seems to be impossible. But creating table within a table works, just a layout design.