Skip to main content

I have a project form with a repeating section with four fields (Item No, Item Description, Quantity and Cost). Every time a new project is created, one can add one or more items using the repeating section which is stored on my share point list as a single value (connected to a multi-line text column).

My form looks as follows 

Primary key on my form 

Project ID  

Repeating Section 

Item No           Item Description           Quantity            Cost 

1                          ONE                             10                    $5 

2                           TWO                           20                    $4

3                          THREE                          30                  $3

My share point list looks like below 

Project ID                   Repeating section 

123                            xxx 1 xxx ONE xxx 10 xxx $5 xxx 2 xxx Two xxx 20 xxx $ 4 xxx 3 xx THREE xxx 30 xxx $3 

I would like to create a new share point list which is linked to the original list, so that I can have an item level detail for each project ID that I can use to report on. My final solution would be a new list, linked to the old list / form which provides an item level detail for each project ID. 

New share point list look like below (final solution) 

Project ID          Item No             Item Description          Quantity           Cost 

123                       1                             ONE                       10                   $5

123                       2                            TWO                         20                   $4

123                       3                          THREE                       30                   $3

I have tried using a work flow with Query XML, for each and collection operation to get the data collected and stored into my four collection variables (for four repeating section fields). But, I am unable to write that data with a project ID to a new share point list as shown above.

Thank you. 

have a look on this blog