Skip to main content

Symptoms

Hi I would like to know if this is possible to create a self-method on a newly created SmartObject and reference it as the default list method. For instance, I am creating a SmartObject against a SharePoint 2013 list. This SO is inspired by similar SO I saw on another site list in which I am attempting to replicate by reconstructing it from scratch. And the SO is built in the K2_Designer by selecting the Type option "Advanced SmartObject".

The default list method that I would like to define is called GetFieldMetaData and the method bindings should be ""List Name] : GetFieldMetaData". The tricky thing is that ""List Name]" SO cannot be referenced at all during the ServiceObject method definition. How can this be accomplished?

Diagnoses

We use K2 App to generate all SmartObjects for this list, and notice that the SmartObject in question is generated when there is a column of type “Choice” in the list.

Resolution

This is how the SharePoint 2013 Service Broker works when there is a column of type "Choice" in the list.

Be the first to reply!