Skip to main content

Hello!

I've created a list view for users and Permissions. This view should be used to put in users and the permission he should get. The problem I got is that one permission should be allocated to maximum 2 users. All the other permissions can be uses as often as they want.

So I tried expressions to get a sum of the value which should be used only twice but nothing worked. Has anybody an idea how to count a specific value i a list view?

Many thanks in advance.

BR Michael

Hi BR Michael,

Could you describe the expression you tried to use and the set up of your view? 

This is how I imagine it, so if I'm wrong, please let me know:

You have two columns - one is users, the other is permissions. Are these drop down controls? More importantly, what control is used for the permission (e.g. drop down, etc)?

---

Have you tried potentially assigning a Permission ID to the permission so they're numerical (if permissions are not a static field and are coming from a SmO)? So like for example, if you have a permission of Read it could have an ID of 1 or whatever? You could then make a hidden column that shows the numerical ID and potentially have an easier time counting the value. 

I have some other ideas, but I'll wait for your response or maybe someone else has an idea as well. Good luck!

Hy Alyssa!

Thanks for your reply. I mada another column and when a specific permission level was selected a value will be set in this column.

So I am able to count the permissions.

Many thanks for your help!

Michael